Monday, September 3, 2007

Night of Deliverance!

I have been preaching for 10 years. I have seen and experienced many incredible moments in the presence of the Lord. But none compare to what I witnessed last night. I preached a word about family iniquity and generational curses. My text was from Judges 20 when Israel had to fight against their brother, Benjamin. Benjamin was of the family of Israel but fell into gross sin. They sinned against Israel by taking an Israelite women, raping her and leaving her for dead. We all have something in our family line that is perverse and sinful. These sins try to attach themselves to us, as they are past down from generation to generation. Time will not permit me to explain the message any further. If you want to hear the message in it's entirety, you need to call our ministry and request the CD. I promise you will see how to overcome these iniquities and see their power come to an end once and for all!

By the end of the service, the Power of God was stronger than I have ever felt or ever seen. People began running onto the platform in desperation for deliverance. Others began crying out for freedom. In the matter of moments, people were set free from curses that have plagued their families for many generations. You had to be there and see it for yourself. For these who were set free, this moment will forever be ingrained into their mind. You never forget moments like these.

My "moment" came when I was a 7yr. old child. I suffered from extreme embarrassment. I could not talk to people, praise God publicly, or stand it when people looked at me. My parents had many conversations with me about this, but I never got better. Then one night, my father called me out in the middle of a service. My legs shook and my back began to tighten. He called me again, and even though I was afraid, I dared not disobey. The power of God met me there as I was slain in the spirit for the very first time. When I got up of the floor, my embarrassment was gone! I have never had even the slightest struggle with it since that day. So life changing was this "moment" that I can remember the clothes and shoes that I was wearing. Like I said before, you never forget moments like this.

I spoke with my dear friend Pastor Joel this morning. I could not believe what he shared with me. God showed up in the same kind of way at Bethany on Sunday morning. This is total confirmation that God is bringing His church back to the days of old fashion Holy Ghost deliverance. You can read more about what happened at Bethany by going to www.joelstockstill.com.

I pray that you have a "moment" like this in your life. I pray that moment will take place even today as you read this! Cristina and I are praying for you to know the fullness of His freedom.

Mark 5:6-8
6 When Jesus was still some distance away, the man saw him. He ran to meet Jesus and fell down before him. 7 He gave a terrible scream, shrieking, "Why are you bothering me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? For God's sake, don't torture me!" 8 For Jesus had already said to the spirit, "Come out of the man, you evil spirit." NLT

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It was a sight to see on sunday night. I was delivered from a few things, one being embarrassment. I started prasing the Lord like never before even jumping which I had been scared people would look at me differently for. But I feel great thank you Lord. Thank you Pastor Jonathan, Cristina, and Becki.

Anonymous said...

What a night it was! I have been meditating on that word for the past few days and it has just lifted my spirit. As i walk through the hallways at school and see countless faces of people who are lost and bound my heart breaks. Having this night of deliverance has made my prayers even more fervent for my peers. I am so excited that old fashioned deliverance is coming back to the church because what i get in the four walls every week i try to take out. I have such a desire to see my fellow students turned upside down and inside out by the Holy spirit! I want to see the revolution! All that's left to say i guess is, I WILL GO!

Anonymous said...

There are many generational curses as well as iniquities that have managed to attach themselves to my life. The Encounter made me more aware of them and the Sunday night service began to obliterate the power these problems have had over me. While I am working through the forgivness process and truely seeing progress it is nice to have such powerful confirmation that the symptoms too are falling off and yes, the curse has been reversed... God always says exactly the right words... I Love it, Just Love it!

Anonymous said...

First let me say Thank you for being so honest, I don't say that lightly. It’s the truth that continues to set me free. I don't know if you have any idea of how much God has used you and NBHC to speak truth, healing, deliverance into my life and the life of my children. How we found your church is a miracle in itself. I honestly can tell you all of my prayers and heart cries are being answered, not one service has God not either answered a prayer or a question or confirm His word to me. Also, all the inner healing that have taken place WOW. Today He revealed Himself as Jehovah Roi- the God who see's. Another inner healing.
At the woman’s encounter I felt so much pain in my body from wounds of rejection to emotional abuse and as the pain came to the surface of my body I didn't understand what was happening, only that as you shatter a mirror so was the pain shattered and falling off my body. I only knew that because I could hear God say, that’s pain falling off your body.
Praise the Lord......... PAIN CAN”T LIVE HERE ANYMORE!!! To God be ALL the Glory! This is our time and the BEST is still yet to come!