Friday, October 19, 2007

Irritating Your Infirmity

In John 9:6, we read of a blind man who went to Jesus for healing. Jesus responded by spitting on the sand, making a paste out of it, and then applying it to this man's eyes. Besides this method sounding unpractical, it can be assumed that this method must have been painful. Having sand in your eyes could not be a comfortable or pleasant experience. Why would Jesus do this? What possible reason would He have had to irritate this man's infirmity?

I believe that He did this to show us a powerful truth and revelation. Sometimes the things in life that hurt us the most, are the very things that lead us to our healing and deliverance. The irritation of impossible circumstance, can be the motivation for true and divine freedom. Fiery trials are not comfortable, however, they have a way of bringing stuff to the surface that we may not even know is in us. It is not in the midst of comfort that God begins to heal and deliver, it is in moments of pain and great irritation. It is in the fire of affliction.

As we look at Dan. 3, we see the story of three Hebrew men who would not obey the king's order to worship the golden image. They would only worship the true and only God. The king, in his anger, ordered them to be bound hand and foot, and then tossed into a fiery furnace. After they were thrown in, the king looked down to observe them. Much to his surprise, he saw 4 men walking around in the midst of the fire. We know through the scripture, that the 4th man was the Son of God! But what I find interesting, is the state that Nebuchadnezzar found them in while they were in the fire. He saw them walking loosed! They were thrown in bound, but got free in the fire. I believe that if we can get free IN the fire, that God will set us free FROM the fire. This freedom only comes through a revelation of Christ.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hearing the Word of God last night gave me the Revelation of Truth that I needed to hear of why in my own life has there been so much IRRITATION. I could never understand why I was being irritated. But, Until Now! I finally had to remove the MASK that I was wearing and to allow the Lord to BREAK me. I am so glad that the Lord is Irritating my Infirmity because I want to BE HEALED TO MINISTER and to WALK in that Freedom that we have through Christ Jesus!It's not in comfort that you're healed but discomfort that you're healed. I am going to stay at the Pool of Siloam until I have recieved my Vision!

Unknown said...

Pastor Jonathan

Am writing to you from the Middle East - Kuwait. I came across your teaching once on TBN 2 years back. Your materials and details about you are so HARD TO FIND Cause I believe you don't choose to Market yourself quite a lot. Which I admire.

Your video at the DELUGE ministered to my life. I once preached the same sermon of Abiding in God instead of WALKING with God at a youth service here in the middle east. God literally invaded that day and many were healed and restored.

It would be an honour to keep in touch. My ministry website
www.alwynmatt.com.
Church website: www.tlckuwait.com

Much Love
Al

TMM said...

Pastor Jonathan,

Thank you for this awesome post.

I believe the Lord is restoring the truth about healing to a greater measure to His Body.

Thank you for being part of it.

Sidharth
Imrah Ministries
www.imrah.org